- Do I need to wear a mask while on campus in Summer B and Fall?
No. We recommend that individuals wear face coverings while indoors, but it is not required. We ask that all Panthers to respect each other’s choices on this matter.
- Do I need to socially distance in Summer B and Fall?
No. All classrooms, offices and other spaces are returning to pre-pandemic configurations.
- How can I find out how many COVID-19 positive cases there are at FIU?
FIU has created a COVID-19 dashboard that is updated weekly and reflects the university’s self-reported COVID-19 data.
A university epidemiologist monitors this data with respect to both trends and clusters (hotspots) of cases on FIU’s campuses.
- Does everyone still have to fill out the P3 app?
Yes. All students, faculty, staff and visitors to one of FIU campuses or locations must fill out the P3 app beforehand. For more information, visit the P3 app section of this website.
- Is FIU providing the COVID-19 vaccine?
Since January, FIU has administered vaccines to the university community in accordance with prevailing guidelines regarding eligible individuals.
Members of the FIU community should check their FIU email frequently for updates to FIU’s supply of available vaccines.
- Is FIU requiring that students, faculty and staff get vaccinated?
While we encourage everyone to get vaccinated, it is not a requirement at this time. If there is any change in policy, we will notify faculty and staff.
- Someone in my office (or classroom) tested positive for COVID-19. Why wasn’t I notified?
The answer to this question and many more regarding COVID-19 protocol and procedures can be found in the COVID-19 section of our website.